You want to let the world know about your products and services. You’re aware that online video production is an effective marketing technique. However, when presented with a vast array of business video services available, it’s difficult knowing which one is right for your company.
This is especially the case with promotional videos and corporate videos – as the two terms are often used interchangeably. In this blog post, we’ll outline the key features of each, and explain the benefits that they offer to your company.
Corporate Video and Promo – What’s the Difference?
There are similarities between the two; in that they both actively promote your business. They’re also both used to convey your key messages to your target audience. However, that’s where the similarity ends. Here’s a brief outline of the main differences between corporate video and promo video content.
- Focuses on the business as a whole
- Best suited for B2B marketing
- Shares information about your company– its values, its ethos and the brand.
- Sometimes includes private or sensitive information
- May be used solely for use within your own business (i.e. for training purposes)
- Can take many forms: documentary, policies, messages for staff, pitch to prospective investors etc.
- Explains your products and services, rather than simply selling them
- Often focuses on a key product, service or event
- Best suited for B2C marketing
- Is more entertainment-based
- Is generally shorter than a corporate video
- Is often used online – with the intention of ‘going viral’
- Can be used throughout your marketing campaign – in emails, social media and on your website
- Focuses on selling your products and services
Marketing Strategy – Where and How to Use Them
Here’s just a few ways you can use corporate and promo videos in your marketing campaigns.
Use Corporate Video to:
- Launch a campaign
- Provide training – usually internally
- Give instructions – think airline safety videos!
- Showcase your expertise
- Present a new product
- Showcase testimonials
- Share with business partners
Use Promo Video to…
- Launch a new product or service
- Generate interest on social media
- Post on your website
- Increase click-through rates and conversions in email campaigns
- Showcase a key event
Remember, videos are cost-effective because they can also be repurposed – which offers even better ROI.
If you already have your video content and want to get the most out out it, you should consider ways to reuse it for other marketing channels. Read more about the power of video as a repurposing tool here!
The Business Video Production Process
When producing a corporate video, it’s likely that your video production company will want to find out as much as possible about your business. They’ll need to learn about your key messages, your target audience, and what results you want to achieve.
Often, businesses choose to film in their own premises. However, there are no constraints. You may want to film in a specific location that relates to your products and services, for example. Likewise, you might appear in the video, or alternatively, use an actor or talking-heads presenter to convey your message.
Promotional online video production will focus more on selling key products, services and events. As a result, it’s likely to be shorter, snappier and more entertainment-driven; and your chosen video production company will seek out locations that reflect this. Animation may be used to sharpen the content, or explain key messages.
Ultimately, however, the production process will depend on your specific business objectives.
Still not sure which type of video is right for your business? Here’s a couple of case studies – so you can see promo videos and corporate videos in action.
Street Fit, a dance-fitness company, were looking for a video production company in London who could help them promote their key services, whilst showcasing the impressive results that their work-outs offered. We worked with them to create something dynamic, exciting and eye-catching. You can view the promotional video below or read our case study here.
Brunchies Deli wanted a corporate video that emphasised their family-run, ‘good food’ ethos. They approached us as a video production company just around the corner, to create a corporate video for them. We focused on creating something that was relatable, down-to-earth and appealing to the target audience. You can see the results below or read the case study here
Business Video Production Company in London
We specialise in corporate videos and promos; and our online video production services ensure you achieve your business objectives. If you’d like to find out more about WebVideos’ services, contact us today.